Apple is going to start selling the $1,500 Hermes Apple Watch online on Friday
The Hermès online store will also start selling the Apple Watch.
The watches include bands made by Hermès in distinctive styles, such as the double loop, that hark back to vintage watches made by the company. The timepieces have previously only been sold in boutique stores in London, Milan, Paris, Tokyo, and a few others.
The watches come in three styles: A single loop model, which costs $1,100 (£1,000); a double loop model, which costs $1,250 (£1,150); and a cuff model, which costs $1,500 (£1,350).
The partnership was hailed by Apple as an expansion of the luxury Watch models. The company makes its own premium models, the most expensive of which retails for $17,000 (£13,000). However, the Apple-made models have all been available online and in-store since launch in April last year.
According to market research, the Apple Watch is out-performing its rivals, grabbing over 50% of the entire smartwatch market in 2015. Apple was expected to announce the second edition of the Watch in March, but rumours suggest the update may be smaller than an entirely new device.
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- Best bike helmet under ₹1000
- Best dinner set under ₹2000
- DroneAcharya AI IPO set to open next week on December 13; GMP at ₹25 per share
- Low pressure mounts over Andaman Sea, heavy rain expected to lash TN
- New Indian sustainable jet fuel technology could cut aviation emissions by 80%