Apple is reportedly going to announce the Apple Watch 2 and a new iPhone in March
Citing sources close to the matter, 9to5Mac says Apple is expected to unveil a new Apple Watch and a new iPhone 6c at the event.
The new version of the Apple Watch - the Apple Watch 2 - is expected to come with a camera for video chatting, among other additions, according to 9to5Mac's Mark Gurman, who earlier this year said he had spoken with sources familiar with Apple's plans for the next watch.
It's not yet clear if these new features are what's being announced at the March 2016 event.
The new Apple Watch would be expected to ship a month after the event, in April. The original Apple Watch went up for preorder on April 10 this year, and the company is estimated to have sold 1 million in its first day of availability alone, according to research company Slice Intelligence.
Certain models sold out only hours after preorders officially started, leading some orders to be delayed by weeks. The Apple Watch officially launched in April 2015.
The iPhone 6c is rumored to be a phone with a 4-inch screen. Earlier this year, analysts at Jeffries predicted that Apple would unveil this new product in the first quarter of 2016. Typically, though, Apple introduces its new iPhones in September. And, although it follows the 'C' naming convention introduced with the iPhone 5C, Jefferies believes this iPhone 6C will have a metal casing instead of the colorful plastic found on the iPhone 5C.
NOW WATCH: We unboxed Apple's largest iPad ever
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes