Bose is releasing new $400 wireless headphones with better noise-cancelling and - finally - a new design
- Bose announced a new high-end pair of wireless noise cancelling headphones called the Noise Cancelling Headphone 700 on Wednesday.
- The new 700 headphones come with improved noise cancelling, as well as better voice pickup for better phone calls in noisy environments.
- The new headphones are available for pre-order on Wednesday, and go on sale on June 30 for $400.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Bose announced a new pair of noise-cancelling headphones on Wednesday, and they don't look like the old ones.
For years, Bose has sold its best-in-class, beloved QC-series noise-cancelling headphones with the same or similar design as the Quiet Comfort 2 headphones from 2003. It was like the Porsche of headphones: easily recognizable and iconic design, but it's still the same design year after year.
For 2019, it seems that Bose is stepping out of its box and trying something new.
As for performance, what more could you expect from the already-great QC-series headphones? Well, a lot more, actually.
Check out the new Bose Noise Cancelling Headphone 700:
The new 700 headphones come with Bose's "next generation" of noise-cancelling tech.
Bose says to expect "clear, natural, and balanced" audio quality.
One of the biggest improvements in the new 700 headphones is taking better phone calls while you're in a noisy environment.
Bose says the improvements to picking up your voice will also help you communicate with your smart voice assistant, including Apple's Siri, Google Assistant, and Amazon's Alexa.
The new Bose Noise Cancelling Headphone 700 will come in black or silver color options.
They should look and feel more "premium" than the plasticky QC 35 headphones.
Bose is also ditching the buttons from the QC 35 headphones, and replacing them with touch controls on the 700 headphones.
The Bose Noise Cancelling Headphone 700 are available to pre-order now for $400, and will be released on June 30.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes