CHART OF THE DAY: The State Of The Smartphone Market Before Next Month's Big Phone Announcements
The biggest names in technology - Apple, Samsung, and Google, among others - will unveil their next-generation smartphones starting in September. So before the new smartphone season officially begins, we thought it'd be interesting to take a look at the current landscape and see where it's moving.
Based on company data charted for us by Business Insider Intelligence, Samsung is the current market leader in terms of smartphone shipments, thanks to the growth of Android, while Apple's market share has started to shrink, giving away some of its lead to emerging low-end smartphones from LG, Huawei, and Xiaomi, in particular. Still, as the competition heats up thanks to the newest cheap handsets coming out of China, Samsung and Apple maintain strong positioning as they head into the fall quarter and ever-important holiday season.
Business Insider Intelligence
- Debris from China's disintegrating rocket enters Earth's atmosphere
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation