Dave Bautista wants a 'Guardians of the Galaxy' spin-off movie starring Drax, even if he doesn't return to the role after the James Gunn firing controversy
- Dave Bautista wants a spin-off movie for his "Guardians of the Galaxy" character Drax, even if he doesn't return to the role.
- Bautista has been vocal about his displeasure with Disney after it fired director James Gunn from the third "Guardians" movie, and has said that he doesn't want to work for Disney.
- "I think there's a story to be told there and the fans would love to see that story, even if it's not me portraying Drax," Bautista told MTV International.
"Guardians of the Galaxy" star Dave Bautista may not be pleased with Disney, but he's still fond of his character Drax and his backstory.Advertisement
Bautista - who has been vocal about his disagreements with Disney over its firing of "Guardians" director James Gunn, and has threatened to quit the role - told MTV International that he'd like to see a Drax spin-off movie, even if it's without him.
"I really wish they would tell more of the story of Drax's family," Bautista said. "I think it's a beautiful story and I think it's been lost and overlooked a little bit. It's a beautiful and heartbreaking emotional thing to just know where that love for his family and that heartbreak for his family being lost and murdered, where it comes from."In "Guardians of the Galaxy," it's revealed that Thanos murdered Drax's entire family and Drax is seeking revenge.
"I really wish they would touch upon it more and I think the fans would like to see that more, which is why I really pushed and fought for a Drax standalone film," Bautista continued. "I don't think it's ever going to happen, but I really wish they would because I think there's a story to be told there and the fans would love to see that story, even if it's not me portraying Drax."It adds to a list of comments in which Bautista implied that he would walk away from the role over Gunn's firing. Disney fired the director from the third "Guardians" film in July after old offensive tweets resurfaced. Now, "Guardians 3," which Gunn had finished the script for, has been put on hold indefinitely, according to The Hollywood Reporter.Most recently, in an interview on "The Jonathan Ross Show," Bautista said, "There's a bit of an issue. It's a bittersweet conversation. No - it's a bitter, bitter conversation, because I'm not really happy with what they've [Disney] done with James Gunn."Advertisement
He added, "To be honest with you, I don't know if I want to work for Disney... I've been very vocal about the way I feel. I'm not afraid to admit the way I feel."
Bautista has even said that it's "nauseating" to work for Disney after Gunn's firing, and that "Guardians" without him is "not what I signed up for."Bautista will appear as Drax next in the "Avengers: Infinity War" sequel in May, but his future with the Marvel Cinematic Universe beyond that appears to be up in the air.Advertisement
- Bombay High Court reserves verdict on pleas against TRAI's new tariff order
- Confiscate Bengaluru rioters' properties like Yogi Adityanath did, suggests Tejasvi Surya
- Best affordable smartwatches in India that work with Android and iOS
- JEE Mains admit card 2020 to be out soon. Here’s how to download it
- Friends Dry Pants aims to destigmatise talking about urine leakage and weak bladders in its campaign