Elon Musk only made $37,000 from Tesla last year
Believe it or not, Musk actually got a minor pay bump last year. According to Tesla's SEC filing, Musk only received $35,360 in total compensation from Tesla Motors in 2014.
Though Musk has never accepted his salary, his $37,584 in compensation reflects the minimum wage requirements in the state of California, according to the Wall Street Journal.
In contrast, Tesla paid its chief financial officer $20.9 million in 2015, a majority of which came from a new hire stock-option grant.
This kind of low salary practice among isn't uncommon among tech CEOs. Facebook's founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg, who is also a billionaire, only draws a $1 salary from Facebook, even though he has about $45 billion worth of Facebook's stock. Musk similarly owns about 37.2 million shares in Tesla, which is currently worth about $9.47 billion.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- IDBI Bank's net profit jumps 75% despite higher provisions
- Asian Paints' net profit drops 29% on high raw material prices
- Dearness allowance hiked to 31% for central government employees
- IAF aircraft Mirage 2000 crashes in Madhya Pradesh's Bhind district, pilot ejected safely
- Wunderman Thompson South Asia’s Tarun Rai moves into a new role as Executive Director Strategic Initiatives, APAC