EXCLUSIVE: Amazon Web Services may appoint Mckinsey's Puneet Chandok as new India head
- Mckinsey's Puneet Chandok will replace Bikram Bedi as AWS India head, according to sources.
- Chandok was a partner at Mckinsey in his last role where he led the firm's technology, media and telecom (TMT), corporate business functions and outsourcing & offshoring practices in Asia.
- Before the last 11 years in Mckinsey, Chandok was the deputy general manager for Asia Pacific at
An email sent to the company remained unanswered at the time of publishing. The story will be updated with the response, if any.
The change of guard from Bikram Bedi to Puneet Chandok has come at a time when AWS is beefing up its operations in India, where the Seattle-based company had the largest growth in number of partners outside the US, according to Bikram Bedi who has led the company in India for the two years since its launch in the country.
AdvertisementChandok was a partner at Mckinsey in his last role where he led the firm's technology, media and telecom (TMT), corporate business functions and outsourcing & offshoring practices in Asia. Before the last 11 years in Mckinsey, Chandok was the deputy general manager for Asia Pacific at IBM, according to his LinkedIn profile.
Chandok has an MBA in marketing, finance and systems from Indian Institute of Management (Calcutta), where he went from 2000 to 2002.
Flipkart's continued deep discounting could mean more trouble in the future
Popular on BI
- Best pet beds to buy in India
- Best pickle jars for storage in India
- Best clutches for women in India
- Punjab National Bank's net profit more than doubles to ₹1,127 crore
- Karnataka legislature joint session from Feb 14, budget in March first week