World Music Day 2019 will see the first-ever live concert on Facebook in India
- Vh1 India and MTV Beats are joining forces to celebrate
World Music Dayon Facebook.
- The Facebook celebration, #LongLiveMusic, will last 24 hours starting at midnight on June 21.
- This is will be the first ever live concert hosted on
Facebook Livein India — and the longest ever.
This will be the first time that anyone in India has hosted a concert online on Facebook.
Vh1 India and MTV beats are collaborating with the social network to host #LongLiveMusic where they plan on showcasing 40 different artists from different genres of music.
The event is set to kick off at midnight on June 21 and runs through to day until midnight on June 22.
Vh1 India and MTV Beats are powerhouses of music entertainment. Both brands have stayed ahead of the curve through specially curated formats and programming innovations that have successfully secured a loyal audience. As we take a giant leap ahead to celebrate our love for music, we are happy to have Facebook as a partner in accomplishing this huge feat of India’s first ever 24-hour live musical fiesta. ‘Long Live Music’ is a clutter-breaking digital initiative that aims to bring together fans of diverse music genres at one place
Facebook India’s director and head of partnerships, Manish Chopra, stated, “We are happy to support media channels creating new content formats that are immersive and interactive and bring people together for their love for music.”
And Facebook, as a platform, has also transformed itself into being more than just profile that has your best moments. It is now an effective marketing tool with a large audience in India with the flexibility to cater to different formats of entertainment.
It’s not just the channels has get publicity but it also gives artists a chance to showcase their talent.
For World Music Day, Vh1 India and MTV Beats have promised to bring on singers and songwriters like Aastha Gill, Shahid Mallya, Arjun Kanungo, Aparshakti Khurana, Darshan Raval, Akasa, Amit Misra and Tony Kakkar. The finale of the concert will be performed by DJ Zaeden.
9X Media, a competing entertainment music channel, is planning to mash up Indian and international songs on its platform. The planned program put together by DJ Rink will be televised across all five channels — 9XM, 9X Jalwa, 9X Tashan, 9X Jhakaas and 9XO — that come under the 9X Media Network.
The music industry at large will also be congregating in Mumbai for the annual two-day music conference, Music Inc. The event will be hosted by Loudest.in and exchange4media with the theme, ‘Music at the intersections’. So far, 60 speakers are scheduled to present at the event.
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro launched: Check price, specifications and photos
- Will Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha be the box of chocolates Bollywood is waiting for?