Google's head of design just landed a sick burn on Windows 10
Matias Duarte, Google's VP of Design, is not impressed with Microsoft's new Windows 10, judging from a pair of sick burns on his Twitter earlier on Monday:
I just setup a Surface 4 & Windows 10 - not sure why I was excited to try a new thing, it's basically XP with a flat design skin. #FutureNot- Matias Duarte (@MatiasDuarte) November 2, 2015
More recently, Duarte has been heavily involved in the design direction of Google's Android mobile operating system, since version 3.0, more commonly known as "Honeycomb."Google has redoubled its own design focus lately. Last year, Google introduced "Material Design," a new design language invented to make Android and Google's web apps both prettier and more consistent across devices.
Meanwhile, Windows 10 was designed to combine the elements of Windows 7 and Windows 8, refining the interface rather than reinvent the wheel. Apparently, Duarte didn't feel it went far enough.
NOW WATCH: The 7 best new features coming to Windows 10
- OPPO A74 smartphone with 5G support and 90Hz display to launch in India soon, to be priced under ₹20,000
- VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
- Timelapse in Google Earth shows you the slow and scary demise of our only home in 3D
- Bhima Jewellery’s ‘Pure as love’ campaign is trending, and for all the right reasons
- Samsung Galaxy M42 5G to launch in India on April 28 – Specs, expected price and everything we know so far