Google's next flagship Android phone could be made by HTC
HTC has made the a Nexus phone before back in 2010. Ever since, the task has fallen to Samsung (with the Nexus S), LG (with the Nexus 4), Motorola (with the Nexus 6), and Huawei (with the Nexus 6P).Google uses the Nexus range to give other Android manufacturers ideas about the kind of design and technological improvements that should make it into phones. The software on the Nexus is "pure" Android, without any third-party customisation.
It's unclear how Google chooses its partners. LG has made the most Nexus handsets (3), followed by Samsung (2), Motorola (1), Huawei (1), and HTC (1).The Nexus 5X and 6P, introduced late last year, came into two sizes and were made by LG and Huawei respectively.
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC