Here are 9 of the best new features coming to your iPhone on Thursday
Brittany Hosea-Small/Getty Images
- Apple's iOS 13 update for iPhones is launching on September 19, and it brings a handful of new features like Dark Mode, additional privacy controls, and a redesigned Photos app among other changes.
- After using the beta version of iOS 13 for a couple of months, these are some of the features I found to be most useful.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
You don't have to buy the iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro to get some of Apple's newest smartphone features.Apple's iOS 13 update, which will be launching on September 19, brings a slew of new capabilities to all of Apple's recent iPhones dating back to the iPhone 6S, including the iPhone SE.Advertisement
Apple announced the software update at its Worldwide Developers Conference in early June, and it made an early, unfinished version of the software known as a beta available to the public later that month.
With this year's update, Apple has placed a big emphasis on privacy and improving the iPhone's core apps like Photos and Maps.After using iOS 13 for a couple of months, here are some of the best features I've come across. It's by no means a comprehensive list, and it will be difficult to ascertain how useful some of the more notable additions like "Sign in with Apple" are until developers support it. But it's brief look at some of the updates I've found to be the most helpful.
Set tabs in Safari to close automatically.
Dark Mode comes to the iPhone.Advertisement
Use Memoji stickers in Messages.
Switch to a tab that's already open in Safari.Advertisement
A new Photos layout looks like a personalized collage.
Search is smarter in Messages.Advertisement
There's more transparency about how apps are using your location.
Manage Wi-Fi and Bluetooth from the Control Center.Advertisement
The Reminders app is much more comprehensive.
- Here is how multiplexes are gearing up for post-lockdown period
- Nursing staff at Jodhpur AIIMS protest denial of treatment to wife of colleague
- Dorsey retorts to Trump: Twitter is doing its duty
- India reports 6,566 new coronavirus cases on May 28— tally inches towards 160,000 mark, with 43.75% recovery rate
- China is reportedly adding troops on the Ladakh border and India is matching up to it