Here's a 99-page shareholder presentation on why Yahoo needs to fire Marissa Mayer
Ethan Miller/Getty Images
Jackson sent a 99-page presentation to Yahoo's board outlining his case for why Yahoo should drop Mayer as CEO and find new management.
His presentation is also a warning shot that Yahoo should not sell its core business right now.
In Jackson's view, Yahoo's core business is undervalued after being poorly managed by Mayer. Selling today would mean selling it at a low point. He thinks that selling Yahoo today would only enrich some private equity people while current shareholders would miss out on upside.
As a result, Jackson isn't just taking on Mayer, he's also taking on Starboard, the hedge fund that's attacking
Jackson's fund, SpringOwl, isn't a major shareholder in Yahoo. SpringOwl is only a $300 million fund. But his plan is to round up major shareholders to rally around his plan. He says several are already supportive.
We have the full presentation below.
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Google to open its new office in Pune this year, will hire cloud technology experts
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Coimbatore turns Tamil Nadu's COVID-19 hotspot as the positivity rate surges to 26%
- Darwinbox, which helps Adani Group with its HR needs, is the third unicorn of 2022
- Researchers have developed a cheaper COVID-19 test that claims to deliver results in less than 20 minutes
- Bitcoin recovers with equity markets, but altcoins are still struggling to find a bottom
- Emily in Paris: Things that the series got right and wrong about working in advertising