Here's A Clever Way To Visualize Google's Diversity Problem
Google recently released its diversity statistics and the numbers aren't pretty.
Only 30% of Google's global workforce of about 50,000 people are women, and they account for only 21% of top positions.
Google is also struggling with racial diversity: 61% of Google employees are white, with black and Hispanic employees making up only 5% of the U.S. team. Asians make up 30% of the work force.
Software designer and developer Matt Stempeck decided to create some clever "Google Doodle" mockups to show the company's diversity problem.
Google by gender:
Google by racial diversity (61% white, 30% Asian, 2% black, 3% Hispanic, 4% two or more races):
(HT Fast Company)
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days