Here's Facebook's New Way Of Letting You Block Annoying Stuff That Appears In Your Newsfeed
Steve Jennings/Getty Images
Yesterday, the company revealed they would be rolling out a "Unfollow" feature which was first reported by TechCrunch.
This tool would enable users to remove any obnoxious content from their newsfeeds. This can range from news stories to pesky ads.
Ultimately, the goal is to have a newsfeed engineered towards your specific needs. The Unfollow feature wants to create a page of content that you'd actually care about.
However, Mashable writes that this Unfollow button will operate the same way as the current "Hide All" feature that you can use if you no longer want to see posts from a certain person or brand page in your feed.
This section of Facebook allows you to block content from a person without de-friending them. The feature will roll out to all users in a few weeks.
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%