How to access the Control Center on your iPad and customize shortcuts to the apps and functions you use most
- You can access the Control Center on your iPad by swiping up from the bottom of the screen on older iPads or by swiping down to the middle from the top right corner on iPads running iOS12 or newer.
- An iPad's Control Center gives you quick access to some of the core features of your device, such as the camera, alarms, and Apple TV controls.
- You can customize your iPad's Control Center to give you the most efficient way to reach the apps and functions you use the most.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
An iPad's Control Center - that little collection of symbols like Airplane Mode, the brightness and volume settings, and quick links to favorite apps like your camera - is one of the handiest features of the device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to access the Control Center on your iPadAccessing the iPad's Control Center is easy.
Whether on the lock screen or on any unlocked screen, just swipe up from the bottom of the screen on older generation iPad devices (start with a finger right above the home button).
On iPads running iOS 12 or newer, however, you should swipe down at an angle from the top right corner of the screen.
To improve your iPad Control Center experience, you can also take some time to customize it.
How to customize the Control Center on your iPad
1. Open the "Settings" app on your iPad.2. Scroll down and tap "Control Center."
3. Tap "Customize Controls."
4. Tap the red circles with minus symbols (-) and then tap the word "Remove" to remove features you don't want in the Control Center and tap green plus symbols (+) for those you would like added.
And that's that - your iPad Control Center is now better than ever.