How to make a FaceTime audio call on your Apple Watch
- You can FaceTime on your Apple Watch - but only using FaceTime audio, not video.
- If you ask Siri to FaceTime someone on your Apple Watch, it will launch a FaceTime audio call.
- FaceTime audio may be preferable to a normal phone call, because it does not require cell service or use minutes, and can operate entirely off a Wi-Fi connection.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Whether on iPhone, Mac desktop computers or laptops, or iPod Touch, FaceTime makes it easy to see and hear the people we want to talk to.
If you have an Apple Watch, you may be wondering whether it's possible to use FaceTime on it as well - and the answer isn't quite so straightforward.While Apple Watch allows you to make FaceTime audio calls to your contacts when connected to cellular data or WiFi via the Phone app, it does not support FaceTime video calls.
That's the bad news, but there's also good news: If you'd like to make a FaceTime audio call on your Apple Watch, it's quite easy to using Siri.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to make a FaceTime audio call on the Apple Watch1. While pressing down on the Apple Watch's digital crown, say "Hey Siri." You can also tap the Siri widget if you have it activated on your Apple Watch. 2. Say "FaceTime [your contact's name here]." Advertisement
Siri will then initiate a FaceTime audio call to the contact you named.
Note that you can also initiate a FaceTime audio call on your Apple Watch by tapping the Phone app icon on your watch face, tapping Contacts, and then tapping on the contact you wish to call.FaceTime audio does have certain perks, especially when compared to a normal phone call. With FaceTime audio, all you need is an internet connection - no cellular service required - and it won't use your cellular minutes. It may, however, use data if you are not connected to Wi-Fi. Advertisement
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
NOW WATCH: 5 things wrong with Apple's lightning cable
- WB reports highest single-day spike of nearly 1,000 COVID-19 cases
- IIT-KGP extending additional Rs 3,000 to emergency workers on campus
- Pune district adds record 1,618 COVID-19 cases; 25 more die
- 78 new COVID-19 cases in Jharkhand, tally rises to 3,134
- COVID-19 tally in Nashik goes beyond 6,000 with 336 new cases