Your Google Play Store account now accepts UPI payments — here’s how to set it up
Business Insider India
- Google is now letting users make
UPI paymentson the Google Play Store.
- The tech giant promised that it would be bringing UPI payments to the Play Store at the Google I/O 2019 conference earlier this year.
- Till now, UPI was only available on
Google Pay— formerly known as Google Tezin India.
Google promised that they would bring the unified payments interface (UPI) to the Google Play Store at the developers conference earlier this year and it looks like they’re delivering on that promise.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 29% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M32 5G (Sky Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 16999₹ 23990Buy On
- 14% OFF
Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) - Black₹ 41999₹ 49900Buy On
- 18% OFF
OPPO A55 (Starry Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 15490₹ 18990Buy On
- 11% OFF
Tecno POVA 2 (Polar Silver, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)| 7000mAh Battery | 48MP Camera | Helio G85₹ 11999₹ 13499Buy On
- 31% OFF
Apple iPhone XR (64GB) - Black₹ 32999₹ 47900Buy On
UPI allows users to directly transfer money from one bank account to another via third party apps like Google Pay, Paytm, Phone Pe and the Indian government-owned BHIM to name a few.
AdvertisementGoogle Pay — formerly dubbed Google Tez in India — is the tech giant’s digital wallet in the country but, so far, was not available as a payment option in the Play store. The app hit 45 million users in India and a transaction run rate of $81 billion in March 2019, according to the company.
Spotted by XDA Developers, giving users the option to pay through UPI in the Google Play Store opens up new avenues of revenue for the company. It’s also a boon for users who have multiple bank accounts since one UPI account can be synced with more than one bank account.
Here’s how to set it up:
1. Open the Google Play Store and select ‘Payment Methods’
2. Within ‘Payment Methods’, select the option stating ‘Add bank account with BHIM UPI ID’
3. A new pop-up window will emerge where you will be asked to add your account details
4. Add your bank details and you’re all set up!
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report