Your Google Play Store account now accepts UPI payments — here’s how to set it up
Business Insider India
- Google is now letting users make
UPI paymentson the Google Play Store.
- The tech giant promised that it would be bringing UPI payments to the Play Store at the Google I/O 2019 conference earlier this year.
- Till now, UPI was only available on
Google Pay— formerly known as Google Tezin India.
UPI allows users to directly transfer money from one bank account to another via third party apps like Google Pay, Paytm, Phone Pe and the Indian government-owned BHIM to name a few.
Google Pay — formerly dubbed Google Tez in India — is the tech giant’s digital wallet in the country but, so far, was not available as a payment option in the Play store. The app hit 45 million users in India and a transaction run rate of $81 billion in March 2019, according to the company.
Spotted by XDA Developers, giving users the option to pay through UPI in the Google Play Store opens up new avenues of revenue for the company. It’s also a boon for users who have multiple bank accounts since one UPI account can be synced with more than one bank account.
Here’s how to set it up:
1. Open the Google Play Store and select ‘Payment Methods’
2. Within ‘Payment Methods’, select the option stating ‘Add bank account with BHIM UPI ID’
3. A new pop-up window will emerge where you will be asked to add your account details
4. Add your bank details and you’re all set up!
- Best fitness bands in India to stay on top of your health
- Best budget Smart TV in India
- Best camera tripods for photography enthusiasts and learners
- Jupiter's mushball ammonia rain could explain the mystery behind shallow lightning storms in its atmosphere
- Global changes in land use is increasing the possibility of COVID-19 like outbreak, says a study