How To Use Snapchat's New 'Discover' Feature
Snapchat's new Discover feature is a big update.
It allows Snapchat users to view news in the form of Snapchat Stories. After 24 hours, the stories disappear and are replaced with fresh content.
To cover a wide range of interests, Snapchat has partnered with CNN, Vice, Yahoo News, Comedy Central, National Geographic, Daily Mail, ESPN, Food Network, and Cosmopolitan.
Here's how it works.
Discover went live in the latest Snapchat update, so make sure your phone has the latest version installed.
Then, open up the app and swipe to the right to access the Stories menu.
From here, you can tap any of the media logos to jump into their Story channel.
Tapping on the Comedy Central logo, for example, brings up a video clip from The Daily Show. If you want to see the full video segment or article attached to a Story, just swipe down and it'll expand.
Of course, you can turn your phone sideways and the video will play full screen.
Snapchat Discover also includes ad integration, so each media channel includes a sponsor, and sponsor ads are often included in their story channel too.
Here's what ESPN's Story channel looks like. Once you're in a channel, just swipe to the right to cycle through the available stories and videos.
The same swipe-down method also works for text-based Stories, such as this ESPN article on the NBA power rankings.
Here's what watching a Vice documentary looks like.
You can use a finger to skip around the video, and if you want to go back, just swipe left.
The Yahoo News channel includes an intro with Katie Couric.
To exit Snapchat Discover, just swipe upwards and you'll be brought back to the main menu. From there it's just another swipe to the left and you'll be back to Stories.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Best TKL mechanical keyboards in India
- Buy Premium 2.1 channel speakers for audiophiles
- Best artificial flowers for living room decoration in India
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month