Ahmedabad creates micro containment zones with new lockdown guidelines as Unlock 1 comes into effect
- The Centre has announced relaxations for non-containment zones.
- The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation has announced 46 micro containment zones, covering 14,160 houses.
- The lockdown will be relaxed in a phased manner in the non-containment zones.
Ahmedabad accounts for over 70% of Coronavirus cases in the state. Rather than declare the entire city as a containment zone, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation has identified 46 micro containment zones — covering 14,160 houses and 69,624 people.
“Several areas of Ahmedabad city have been declared as micro-containment zones. Now, instead of bringing the entire ward of the municipal corporation under a containment zone, small localities in each ward have been identified as micro-containment zones,” the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation said in a statement to PTI.
As per the municipal corporation, the exit and entry points of these micro containment zones will be sealed. The residents of these zones will not be allowed to leave their homes, even for work.
Only essential activities will be allowed in these zones between 7 am and 7 pm. These include fruit and vegetable vendors, grocery shops, pharmacies, nursing homes, private medical clinics and hospitals.
The government has said that the listing of micro containment zones will be updated periodically.
Here’s what will be open
As part of Lockdown 5.0 or Unlock 1, the night-time curfew has been relaxed and will be in effect from 9 pm to 5 am.
The city bus services will resume and as per the guidelines, will run with 50% occupancy. In each row with two seats, a sticker will be placed on one of the seats, asking people not to use it to ensure social distancing. Additionally, buses plying in the western areas will not be allowed to enter the eastern areas and vice versa.
Lockdown extended till June 30 in containment zones only all over India
Telangana extends lockdown till June 30, new guidelines allow inter-state travel
Tamil Nadu lockdown 5.0 — IT companies and factories can operate at full capacity except in Chennai, Kanchipuram, Thiruvallur and Chengalpattu
West Bengal extends lockdown till June 15 — religious places, shopping malls, restaurants and hotels to reopen
- 936 new COVID-19 cases in Assam; eight more die
- 156 fresh cases in Jharkhand, COVID-19 tally now 3,518
- 755 new COVID-19 cases take Odisha's tally to 11,956
- Battling depression, AIIMS Delhi junior doctor jumps off 10th floor of hostel, dies
- AIIMS probe finds no mala fide intent in death of COVID-19 positive journalist: Harsh Vardhan