Hyderabad lockdown pictures reveal its old-world charm and new age vibrancy
- Dulam Satyanarayana, a popular documentary filmmaker has captured an aerial view of Hyderabad during the lockdown.
- The images show iconic structures like the Charminar, Legislative Assembly, Mecca Masjid and more.
K. T. Rama Rao, the Minister of IT, Telangana posted the aerial view of the city showing empty roads, the iconic Charminar, Hussain Sagar, rows of trains at the Hyderabad railway station, the outer ring road and more.
Here are some of the best aerial pictures of Hyderabad showing the city’s beauty during the lockdown.
The first picture is of Charminar, which is one the iconic buildings in the city. Charminar which is usually jam-packed is seen sporting a deserted look due to the lockdown.
Hussain Sagar lake, which is commonly known as Tank Bund is a heart-shaped lake that was built in 1563. The Gautama Buddha statue stands on the Gibraltar Rock in the middle of the lake.
Hyderabad Railway station
The Hyderabad Railway Station, also known as Nampally Railway Station was opened in 1907. The picture shows several trains parked as the railway station and nearby roads wear a deserted look.
Mecca Masjid, which has a capacity of over 20,000 people wears a deserted look as it has been closed due to the lockdown. It was opened in 1694 and is situated in the old city near Charminar.
The Necklace Road is a large road adjoining the Hussain Sagar Lake. The road from Sanjeevaiah park connects to the Tank Bund road which in turn connects to the NTR Gardens completing a circle and looks like a ‘necklace’ from the sky.
Nehru Outer Ring Road
The Nehru Outer Ring Road is a 158-kilometer 8-lane ring road expressway that encircles Hyderabad. It was opened in 2005 to solve the traffic problem and provide orbital linkage to arterial roads.
The P V Narasimha Rao Expressway is a 11.6-kilometer long elevated road that was opened in 2009. It connects the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport with Mehdipatnam.
Telangana Legislative Assembly
The Telangana Legislative Assembly is the lower house of the Telangana legislature. It took 8 years to build and was completed in 1913. It houses 119 MLAs of the state.
A leaked video of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi clearly shows lockdown will be extended
These pictures show how India spent day 1 of the nation-wide lockdown
Here are the potential Coronavirus treatments that India and other countries are banking on
- Glee.S.T! January 2021 GST collection may have beat the December record
- Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi may just have signalled a big allocation for defence equipment manufacturing, 3 days before the budget
- Haryana government extends suspension of mobile internet services in Sonipat, Jhajjar and Palwal till Friday
- Sourav Ganguly undergoes fresh angioplasty, two more stents implanted