Inside Dolby's new San Francisco headquarters, where mad scientists make movie magic
This week, Dolby Laboratories opened up its new San Francisco office, where over 750 employees will design, build, and test the next generation of movie magic in more than 100 working audiovisual science laboratories.
The new headquarters, encompassing 63,000 square feet of space, was designed from the ground up to celebrate Dolby's 50-year history of combining science with design.
I was invited to take a grand tour of the new Dolby offices. Take a look and judge for yourself if it meets that goal.
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Dedicate Mumbai coastal road to Lata Didi, urges Mangeshkar family
- Adani Transmission reports 78% rise in Q3 net profit to ₹475 crore on one-time income
- Young boy builds an online kabadiwala biz after being inspired by his uncle's scrapyard 'heaven'
- India's share in global oil demand expected to rise to 11%, gas to 500%: PM
- Bike Bazaar raises $10 million in series D funding round from German investment firm DEG