Netflix dominates the list of most buzzed about streaming shows in 2016 - here it is
In 2016, out of the top 12 streaming shows that got the most buzz, every single one was Netflix except for Amazon's "The Man in The High Castle" (at No. 7), according to a new report by research firm Parrot Analytics.
Parrot measures the "demand" for a show by tracking different factors, from social-media chatter to file-sharing data, to get a sense of which shows have captured the public imagination.
In 2016, Netflix scored big with fan-favorite reboots, like "Gilmore Girls" and "Fuller House," and Marvel shows. So expect more of those in the future. It also had a pair of mystery sci-fi hits with "Stranger Things" and the more recent "The OA." The only documentary series to crack the top list was "Making a Murderer" at No. 8, whose expansive global conversation actually had a real-world effect the case.
Here are the top streaming shows in 2016, according to Parrot:
- This could be the best time to buy Galaxy Z Fold3 5G in India at ₹1,09,999
- Retail jobs have been slowing down due to WFH and online sales: report
- 85% Indian schools don't have vocational courses as part of their curriculum: WEF
- Govt invites bids for IDBI Bank privatisation; Govt, LIC to sell 60.72%
- Tracxn Technologies IPO: Analyst cautious due to losses and investor exits