New York's commuter nightmare is bad, but the world's most crowded cities are even worse
Mohammad Ponir Hossain/Reuters
The same is happening around the world, and on a far more concerning scale. By the year 2050, 70% of the world will live in cities, according to the Population Reference Bureau.
The most population-dense cities grapple with unique challenges. They fight for resources, like housing and personal space, and they put infrastructure to the test.
Here's just a taste of what life is like.
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024