Qatar Airways plans to start operations in India soon
Qatar Airwaysis expected to apply for operations in Indiasoon.
- At least 100 airplanes to be launched.
- First mentions of these plans were heard in 2017.
India relaxing permissions for foreign investors, barring foreign airlines to own 100% stakes in local carriers, and becoming the fastest growing investment opportunity in the world cumulatively contributed towards Qatar Airways exploring such opportunities.The government, in June 2016, started to allow carriers that are owned completely owned by foreigners to enter the market. But while they're here the foreign airline can have up to 49% stake, their foreign investment partner will own the remaining 51%
Al Baker even said that, “It would like to add more flights to India in the future as the country is an economic superpower and an important destination for it.”
Further, Al Baker clarified that the launch of the proposed airline will not be linked to India acceding to Qatar’s long-standing demand for grant of more bilaterals or flying rights a report said.
Popular on BI
- Ola to invest up to ₹786 crore in Ola Financial Services
- Tega Industries’ ₹600 crore IPO opens today; GMP at ₹310
- Newsletter content
- When will Paytm start making money
- Going to take a digital loan? Read this before you do it