Qatar Airways plans to start operations in India soon
Qatar Airwaysis expected to apply for operations in Indiasoon.
- At least 100 airplanes to be launched.
- First mentions of these plans were heard in 2017.
India relaxing permissions for foreign investors, barring foreign airlines to own 100% stakes in local carriers, and becoming the fastest growing investment opportunity in the world cumulatively contributed towards Qatar Airways exploring such opportunities.The government, in June 2016, started to allow carriers that are owned completely owned by foreigners to enter the market. But while they're here the foreign airline can have up to 49% stake, their foreign investment partner will own the remaining 51%
Al Baker even said that, “It would like to add more flights to India in the future as the country is an economic superpower and an important destination for it.”
Further, Al Baker clarified that the launch of the proposed airline will not be linked to India acceding to Qatar’s long-standing demand for grant of more bilaterals or flying rights a report said.
- PTI tally of COVID-19 cases and deaths in India at 7pm
- Allow co-operative, pvt, foreign banks employees to use suburban trains as well: Unions
- Banks disburse over Rs 50,000 cr loans to MSMEs under credit guarantee scheme
- 2 boys promise 7-year-old girl coronavirus cure, rape her
- U'khand: Panel formed to provide inputs for containing COVID-19 spread