Samsung has a team of 200 dedicated to exclusively working on screens for Apple
The team at Samsung Display Co, which provides screens for iPads and MacBooks, helps develop products and is only allowed to share information about Apple's business within the group, Bloomberg said.
The team, formed on April 1, also helps with sales and Apple is now the biggest external customer for Samsung components, Bloomberg said.
Apple spokesman Josh Rosenstock and a Samsung Display spokesman declined to comment on the report.
Samsung and Apple last year agreed to drop all patent litigation outside the United States, scaling down a protracted legal battle between the smartphone rivals.
The legal battle between the smartphone rivals began in the United States in 2011 when Apple accused Samsung of copying its iPhone designs. Samsung countered that Apple was using pieces of its wireless-transmission technology without permission.
(Reporting by Supriya Kurane in Bengaluru and Hyunjoo Jin in Seoul; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP
- Inox India IPO set to open on December 14, price band fixed at ₹627 to ₹660 per share