Samsung is reportedly working on 2 more foldable smartphones that are completely different from the Galaxy Fold
- Samsung is said to be working on two new foldable smartphones after announcing its first Galaxy Fold smartphone last month.
- One is said to have a flip phone's clamshell design.
- The other supposedly has an outwardly folding design, like the recently announced Huawei Mate X foldable smartphone.
- The new foldable smartphones from Samsung are expected to be announced later this year, with one of them more likely to be announced in 2020.
Samsung is working on two more foldable smartphones with different folding designs than its current Galaxy Fold smartphone, according to a report from Bloomberg.Samsung's Galaxy Fold, which the company announced on February 20 and will be released on April 26 for $1,980, operates like a book - the phone unfolds horizontally to reveal the large foldable display. When the Galaxy Fold is folded shut, there's a small display on the front for quick access to the phone's functions.
Samsung's clamshell foldable smartphone could be announced later this year or possibly early next year, Bloomberg reports.The other foldable smartphone that Samsung is supposedly working on is said to fold outward - the opposite of a book - with the foldable display on the exterior of the phone, which sounds similar to Huawei's recently announced Mate X foldable smartphone.
Samsung's outwardly folding smartphone will come after the clamshell design, Bloomberg's sources said. That means we'll likely see it in 2020.
Samsung's new ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensing technology from the recently announced Galaxy S10 phones is said to be considered for Samsung's upcoming foldable smartphones.There's no indication that Samsung's foldable smartphone after the Galaxy Fold will be less expensive. And while they'll be the second and third foldable smartphones that Samsung releases, they'll likely have first-generation growing pains that's typical on devices with brand-new and intricate mechanisms. Indeed, Samsung's foldable smartphones, including the existing Galaxy Fold and its two rumored foldable phones, have different designs that makes each of them first-generation devices.
And so begins to turn the rumor mill for two new Samsung foldable smartphones.
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year