Snap has a new, much more expensive set of Spectacles coming this November for $380
- Snap, the company behind Snapchat, has a new set of smart sunglasses arriving this November.
- The new glasses, named Spectacles 3, are the third iteration of augmented reality glasses from the social media company.
- More than just a new design, the smart glasses feature new cameras and additional storage.
- Spectacles 3 also carry a much larger price tag than previous models: $380.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Snap, the company behind Snapchat, is back with another set of its Spectacles smart sunglasses that first captivated people back in 2016.The new iteration, Spectacles 3, are the most technologically capable of the bunch: Two high-def cameras are mounted on each side, and an array of microphones capture audio.Advertisement
At just shy of $400, they're also the most expensive version ever released. Here's everything we just learned about the newly-revealed Spectacles 3:
First and foremost: That price! Spectacles 3 cost a whopping $380, and are scheduled to arrive in November.
They come in three colors: Carbon, monochromatic black, and mineral.Advertisement
Here are all three in action:
So, what's different about these new Spectacles vs. the previous iterations?Advertisement
Like previous models, a wireless charging case comes with Spectacles 3. They work similarly to Apple's AirPods, in that they charge wireless in the case.
But, by far the biggest difference with Spectacles 3 is their design — they look much more like adult sunglasses than the previous two iterations.Advertisement
- Bird poop worth $470 million is at risk — could hold the key to saving seabirds across the world
- COVID crashed profit and Pidilite couldn’t fix it— yet
- There are five companies making Favipiravir now — and it is good for supply and prices
- Best 5,000mAh battery smartphones
- India's COVID-19 recovery rate rises to 67.62% and case fatality rate drops to 2.07%