T-Mobile's CEO Went Off Last Night And Said AT&T And Verizon Are 'F**kers' That Are 'Raping You'
Everyone expected some f-bombs from Legere, but the following quote is extreme. Speaking about AT&T and Verizon, the two largest carriers in the U.S. by a wide margin, Legere said:
"These high and mighty duopolists that are raping you for every penny you have...the f---ers hate you."
In an interview with Business Insider a few weeks ago, Legere acknowledged he speaks like that as a way to connect with his employees and customers. He sees himself as a man of the people, someone who can speak on the level of the Average Joe instead of coming off as a stiff executive.
"I don't walk closely up against the line. I ignore it. It's who I am," Legere said in that interview. "I may be a little rough and crude, but I'm much more like my customers and employees than I am an executive. I think employees relate to the way I speak, customers relate to exactly the way I think and talk. And it's who I am."
Legere may boast that he likes to ignore the line, but this is one instance where he probably should have paid attention.
The Verge put together a supercut of some of Legere's strangest quotes from the event:
- ‘Right person at the right time’ — Here’s a sneak-peek at economist Gita Gopinath’s journey so far
- The best Netflix alternatives to watch Korean dramas and movies in India
- Gartner predicts opt-out rate for mobile app tracking to decline by 2023 as Apple, Google aim to control it
- Microsoft starts rolling out new Office UI to all users
- OnePlus RT, Moto G200 and more: All upcoming smartphone launches in India in December 2021