Tech CEOs from Apple, Google, Microsoft, and more will meet with Trump on Wednesday
The list of attendees includes Apple CEO Tim Cook, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Alphabet CEO Larry Page, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, and IBM CEO Ginni Rometty.
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos was invited to the meeting, but it is unclear if he will attend, according to the reports. Bezos has been openly critical of Trump, and Trump has had several public battles with the Bezos-owned Washington Post during the course of his presidential campaign. Trump has also aimed his Twitter account at Amazon.
Most of the attendees have not publicly said they will attend the meeting with Trump, except for Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins and Oracle CEO Safra Catz, although it'll be hard to miss the invitees as they stroll through the lobby of Trump Tower this week.
It's also unclear what the meeting will cover, but it's probably safe to assume there will be discussion around Trump's calls to bring manufacturing of items like smartphones to the US and changes to the tax code.
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through hispersonal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x
- After JP Morgan, Indian bonds set to enter other global bond indices; capital raising for infra push to get a boost
- 10 calcium-rich foods to ward Off calcium deficiency
- Amazon introduces next-gen of Echo smart devices with new-age AI