Google Lens now allows you to copy handwritten notes to your computer, learn new words
Google Lensnow allows users to copy handwritten text to their computers, learn new concepts and words.
- The update is being rolled out to both Android and iOS versions of the app.
The new features include the ability to
Copy handwritten notes to your computer
While Google Lens already allows users to copy text from notes and documents and save them on their phone, the new feature will allow users to save the text on their computer.
Do note that your handwriting needs to be neat for this feature to work properly.
- Open the Google Lens app on your phone and scan the document.
- Now, highlight the text and click on ‘Copy to computer’.
- Then, open Google Docs on your computer, click on ‘Edit’ and then click on ‘Paste’.
Learn how to pronounce new words
As per Google, the searches for learning a new language have doubled over the last few months and to help these users, Google has introduced a new feature.
You can use this feature to listen to over 100 languages and practise words or phrases that are difficult to say.
- Scan the text using the Google Lens app.
- Now, select the text that you want to listen to.
- Then, click on the ‘Listen’ button.
If you are using the lockdown to learn something and if you come across a new concept or something that you do not understand, you can search for it using the Google Lens.
- Scan the text and select the word that you want to look up.
- You will get search results for the topic. Scroll down to get more information.
How to use Google Lens to identify objects and learn more information using your camera and Google Assistant
How to activate voice controls on your Android device, and make Google searches or open apps with your voice
Popular on BI
- Traders' body seeks printing of Indian Nutrition rating on food packets
- ‘United Health Interface will do to service delivery what UPI did to payments’
- Indian markets scale life-time peaks powered by BPCL and Reliance Industries
- 51% Indian firms say sustainability is important, only 19% Fit for the Future
- Urban Company grants shares worth Rs 5.2 cr to 497 gig workers