Instagram is working on an editing tool Scene which mimics TikTok
- The new feature will allow users to put recorded snippets in one video, add background music, adjust speed and length of the video among others.
- A lot of Scene’s features look similar to that of the short form video app
AdvertisementInstagram is working on a new video editing tool for stories that appears to be a lot similar to Tik Tok.
The tool called Scene, previously known as Clips, will allow users to post videos stories that are recorded in bits and pieces. The video editing tool will also allow let users add background music, resize length and adjust the speed of the video.
The new editing tool seems to mirror Tik Tok — a popular video app platform with a billion downloads.
Instagram is working on Scenes, a TikTok-like video editing/remixing tool for Stories Other users will be able to… https://t.co/3KSK6CgsPp— Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) 1573548202000
Instagram’s new feature was discovered by Jane Manchun Wong a 23 year old ‘reverse’ engineer from Hong Kong who exposes hidden app features of social media giants.
According to Wong, Scene will allow users to remix videos by adding clips from public account, similar to Tik Tok’s duet.
It is not uncommon for Instagram to copy other social media apps. It previously mimicked
YouTube can terminate creators who are 'no longer commercially viable' — and that's causing a lot of discontent
Do not use your Google password for other apps
Popular on BI
- Realme 10 Pro+ 5G Review: An all-round value smartphone
- Sensex snaps 4-session losing run led by PSU banks
- The future is connected: 80% of traditional TV viewers want to switch in a year says Finecast Kantar
- Electric-vehicle financing startup Vidyut raises $4 million in first round of funding
- RIL, Adani Enterprises are the biggest and most consistent wealth creators: Motilal Oswal