Microsoft wants to let you enjoy game demos with its Game Pass subscription service
Xbox maker Microsoftis working on allowing its Game Passsubscribers to play game demos before buying or installing them.
- Codenamed Project Moorcroft, the new feature is still under development but is expected to roll out within the next year.
- Initially, project Moorcroft will be focused on independent game developers.
- Reports suggest that Xbox will compensate developers for these game demos.
AdvertisementMicrosoft is working on Project Moorcroft to bring early access to game demos to Xbox Game Pass subscribers. The company took the wraps off its new project in a blog post.
Project Moorcroft is still under development, but the company plans to roll out game demos within the next year. According to the company, initial focus will be on independent developers and they will be compensated for giving access to game demos. This will also offer insights into how their games are being received by users, which will help them make any tweaks if needed.
Project Moorcroft is a part of Microsoft’s Xbox platform announcements for 2022. The tech giant is also bringing a new Xbox TV app to Samsung TVs later this month.
In a statement, Sarah Bond, Xbox’s Corporate Vice President for game creator experience and ecosystem said, “When we create different options for creators around how they choose to monetise, we're giving them more creative freedom at the same time. And we feel that we have a critical role in that, so the more we drive that innovation, the cooler and more innovative games are going to come out of leveraging that innovation.”
Microsoft didn’t announce any solid timeframe for when Game Pass will be available with demo games but it did mention that Project Moorcroft games will be rolling out to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers soon.
Top variant of the OnePlus 10 Pro is all set to launch in the US on June 15
Amazon lets you try on shoes virtually with an interactive mobile experience
Popular on BI
- Sensex, Nifty fall over 1% on weak global trends
- Prosus terminates $4.7 bn deal to acquire BillDesk
- How a tiger-infested Assamese forest got reduced to barren wasteland in only a decade, and then bounced back
- Mani Ratnam's 'Ponniyin Selvan-I' box office collections at ₹200 crore
- DHFL case: Delhi court dismisses statutory bail plea of Wadhawan brothers