Wipro teams up with Intel to cash in on the increasing demand for work from home
Wiprohas teamed with Intel to launch a new remote work platform for its clients.
- The demand for remote work solutions is high amidst the coronavirus pandemic and this could bring in more deal wins for the company.
- Wipro’s new CEO
Theirry Delaporteexpressed that the company will make the investments necessary in order to boost ‘profitable growth’.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Wipro’s new CEO Theirry Delaporte expressed that the company will be focusing on ‘profitable growth’ in the coming months and Intel seems to be a part of that plan. Aside from cloud solutions, one of the major asks from clients is to enable their employees to work from home — especially from those who didn’t invest enough in their digital transformation over the last few years.
They have been bearing the brunt of the coronavirus crisis over the last few weeks, according to Delaporte. “Therefore if we need to make investments, we will make those investments and that will always be our first priority,” explained Wipro CFO Jatin Dalal.
Pushing on remote work solutions
Intel will enable Wipro’s LIVE Workspace which will be the company’s digital workspace solution within the Intel vPro platform. It’s basically a digital hub that lets a company manage its devices remotely whether it's at home, in the workplace or somewhere remote.
It also promises security against firmware-level attacks. Cybersecurity has been a central concern for many companies as the number of malware attacks during the lockdown have been on the rise. Global IT giant Cognizant was subject to a ransomware attack and another US-based law company saw its clients’ personal data get stolen off its servers.
Popular on BI
- Finance minister holds pre-budget stakeholder consultation with BJP functionaries
- Amazon Sale: Best deals on kitchen items and dining products
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Best deals on kitchen appliances
- India records 2,71,202 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, active cases highest in 225 days
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on laptops