How to check 'League of Legends' server status if you can't connect to the game
- You can check "
League of Legends'" server status through Riot Games' website or Twitter account.
- If there aren't issues on with "League's"
servers, you should troubleshoot your own internetconnection.
- For example, try resetting your router and then opening "League of Legends" again.,
Multiplayer online games like "League of Legends" can be fun, except when you run into server issues and are dropped from your game without warning. When that happens, you can troubleshoot to fix the problem, but first you should check to see if the problems are coming from Riot Games' own "League of Legends" servers.
How to check the 'League of Legends' server status
There are two ways to check "League's" server status:
1. Check the Riot Games service status website. If there's an issue, you should see a notice under "Current Messages."
2. Check the Riot Games support Twitter account. The developer may post a tweet before it can update the website (though it posts to both areas when something goes wrong), so it's worth checking both.
Quick note: In some cases, you might also get an error message when you try to start the game, saying there's a server outage. This is especially true if the server goes down because Riot is performing maintenance.
How to troubleshoot 'League of Legends' internet issues
There are a few options for troubleshooting: restarting the game, resetting your router, and exiting out of other internet tasks or downloads. Here's how to do the first two methods:
Restart the game:
- On a PC, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete/Esc to force-quit. Next, select "Task Manager" and then select the "League of Legends" app and hit "End Task," then relaunch the game as usual.
- On a Mac, press Option+Command+Esc to force-quit the application, then select the "League of Legends" app in the window and hit "Force Quit."
Reset your router:
- Unplug your router from the power supply and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in. Once you've done this, restart "League."
For more tips on how to fix a faulty internet connection, check out our article, "10 ways to troubleshoot and fix any Wi-Fi problems you're encountering."How to boost your internet speed at home in 8 ways, and make sure you're not being overcharged for low speeds 8 ways to optimize a Windows PC for better gaming performance 7 easy ways to speed up your Windows 10 computer, from disabling unneeded effects to upgrading your hardware How to force quit on a Mac to close unresponsive apps
- Jewellery brands deck up in hope of bumper festive sales ahead
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps