How to clean your TV screen safely and keep the picture crystal clear
- You can
cleanyour TVscreen and frame with a dry microfiber cloth.
- If there's a specific spot on your TV that needs a more thorough
cleaning, lightly dampen the cloth with water.
- Never spray or pour liquid onto your TV, as this can damage the hardware or even cause an electrical fire.
Different TVs can be sensitive in different areas, so the best method of cleaning your TV screen may vary depending on what kind of TV you have.
High-definition TVs like OLED and LCD tend to be extra sensitive and can scratch easily, so the utmost care is required in cleaning them.
But in general, these are a few best practices for cleaning any TV screen.
How to clean a TV screen
Before anything, remember to be gentle. Your TV screen is sensitive, and if you're not careful, you could damage the screen or even knock the TV over. It's worth it to be cautious, lest you create bigger problems than a little dust.
- Turn off your TV before cleaning it. Turning off the TV reduces any chance of electrical damage, and the TV's dark screen makes it easier to see dust, dirt, hair, and grime.
- Use a soft, dry cloth. Microfiber is a great choice; microfiber cloths can be picked up at many different stores for a reasonable price, and their soft material grabs dust and hair without scratching or leaving fibers behind. Or, if a soft cloth came with your TV when you bought it, use that.
- Don't spray anything on your TV, especially not chemicals. Harsh chemicals can damage your TV's screen, and any moisture that drips into gaps in the frame can potentially cause an electrical fire.
- Slowly wipe the screen in a circular pattern. If your TV is wobbly, you can hold the cloth with one hand and support your TV with the other. Again, be gentle: Don't apply too much force with the cloth or push on your TV screen.
- Wipe the sides and back of the TV. Your TV screen isn't the only area that collects dust - wipe away any debris you can see on the frame and cables, especially in the back. You'll also want to wipe down the ports and plugs.
- If you need to clean the screen more thoroughly, use a small amount of water. Don't ever pour or spray water directly onto your TV screen. Instead, dampen your cloth slightly and gently wipe the mess. For caked-on messes, you can use a tiny drop of mild dish soap on your cloth. And after you've cleaned it, go over the screen once more with a soft dry cloth just to be safe.
- If there's a caked-on spot on the frame, do the same. Just make sure not to get any liquid in the cracks or ports.
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry