How to connect Alexa to your lights and turn them on and off with a single command
- You can connect an Alexa device to
smart lightsin your house and set up context-aware lighting using the Alexa app.
- When you set up context-aware lighting, you can turn on all the lights in whatever room you're in with a simple command.
- You can find and connect to smart lights in the Devices tab of the Alexa app.
In addition to playing music and telling you about the weather, you can use Alexa to control smart lights around your home. Imagine being able to walk into your house and turn on all the lights at the same time, or turn off the lights in your room before going to bed with just your voice.
Here's how to connect Alexa to smart lights via the mobile app and how to set up context-aware lighting.
How to connect Alexa to smart lights
1. Open the Alexa app, then turn on the light you want to connect.
2. Navigate to the Devices tab, then tap All Devices.
Quick tip: If you see a button that says Lights, tap that to connect.
3. Scroll down the list to find the light you want to connect. Tap the name of the light.
What is context-aware lighting?
Context-aware lighting is an Alexa feature that turns on the lights in whatever room of the house you're in with a simple command: "turn on the lights." With context-aware lighting, you don't need to specify which overhead light or lamp you want to turn on.
To set up context-aware lighting, you'll need an
Once set up, say "turn on the lights" and Alexa will turn on the light group assigned to the Amazon Echo device you are nearest to. If there are lights in another room you want to control, you can control them by saying the light group name.
How to build a light group for context-aware lighting
1. Open the Alexa app. Navigate to the Devices tab.
2. Tap the plus + sign at the top-right of the screen, then Add Group.
3. Name the group, then select lights to assign them to the group.
4. Choose an Amazon Echo device to assign the light group to. When you're finished, tap Save.Why is my Alexa blinking yellow? What each colored light means on your device How to set up and use the Alexa app on your iPhone How to connect your Amazon Echo to Wi-Fi to get the most out of your Alexa-enabled smart speaker The most important Alexa voice commands you can use with your Amazon Echo
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Qatar Airways says it is not accepting passengers on its flights from 2 African nations immediately due to the new Omicron variant
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days