How to direct message someone on Instagram and chat with users privately
- You can message someone on
- Users don't need to follow you, nor do you need to follow them to message each other on Instagram.
- You can message someone by swiping left on the Home screen and then creating a new message or tapping "Message" on someone's profile page.
- Instagram messages allow you to add multiple recipients to send a message to several people at once.
Instagram allows you to communicate publicly and privately with followers, mutuals, and other Instagram users. That includes sending private messages to anyone.
You don't need to follow or be followed by that user to use the app's
Not only can you send text and images to someone, but you can send a message to multiple people at once.
Here's how to message someone privately on Instagram.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to message someone on Instagram from the app home screen
1. Start the
2. Tap the New Message icon at the top right of the screen.
3. Add each person you want to send the message to. You can select one Instagram user or add multiple recipients.
4. Tap "Chat" at the top right of the screen.
5. Enter the message, add an image, audio, video, or Giphy.
6. When you're done, tap "Send."
How to message someone from their Instagram profile page
1. In the Instagram app, find and open the profile page of the person you want to message.
2. Tap "Message."
3. Enter the message and add an image, video, audio, or Giphy if you want.
4. When you're ready to send it, tap "Send."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Google to open its new office in Pune this year, will hire cloud technology experts
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Axis Bank, Maruti Suzuki, Hero MotoCorp, SBI Card and other hot stocks on January 25
- India pays USD 29.9 million in UN regular budget assessments for 2022
- Budget Session Part I: Rajya Sabha to sit in morning, Lok Sabha in evening due to Covid restrictions
- Best 65-inch smart LED TV in India
- Budget Session Part I: Different timings for Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha in view of Covid