How to know if someone has blocked you on Instagram
SOPA Images/Getty Images
- To know if someone blocked you on
- If you can't find their account or see the profile image, you may have been blocked.
- Instagram doesn't send notifications for blocked accounts, so you won't be alerted if someone blocks you.
AdvertisementIf you recently noticed the absence of a certain person's posts in your Instagram feed, it's possible they simply haven't posted anything in a while - or they may have blocked you.
If you think you have indeed been blocked on Instagram, it's not hard to find out for sure. There's an easy way to know, no matter which version of the Instagram app you have.
How to know if someone blocked you on InstagramFirst, simply search for the account that you think has blocked you in the app.
- If the account is private and you can't find it, you've likely been blocked.
- If the account is public, and when visiting their page you can't see their profile image, post count, follower count, or following count, and the photo grid area reads "No Posts Yet," you have definitely been blocked.
You can double-check by searching for this person's likes or comments on an Instagram account they follow (if it's a private account, make sure you both mutually follow it). If you come across any, that means they haven't deleted their account and did actually block you.
Another way to verify you've been blocked is by using a friend's account to search for the person in question, or you could create another Instagram account. It's confirmed you're blocked if you can find their profile and see photos and additional info once you search from a different account.
How to block or unblock someone on Instagram, using either the mobile app or desktop website 'How do you know if someone blocked you on Messenger?': Here's how to use the Facebook app's send and receive features to figure it out How to block or unblock someone on the Facebook Messenger app How to soft block someone on Twitter to remove them as a follower
Popular on BI
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal