How to recover deleted emails in Gmail and move them back to your inbox on a computer or mobile device
- You can easily recover a deleted email in
Gmailon the desktop website or mobile app, as long as it wasn't deleted more than 30 days ago.
- You can recover emails using the Gmail app, or the desktop site, and you can move them to any mailbox you choose, not just your inbox.
We've all done it — you were going through your inbox, deleting emails en masse, and you accidentally deleted one that you need. Don't panic — you can still find the email in your trash folder, but not only that, you can also put it back into your inbox from your trash folder.
Whether you're using the Gmail site on a web browser or the Gmail mobile app, you can recover emails that you deleted within the past 30 days, as long as you hadn't manually deleted the email from your trash bin. So if you realize in a state of panic that you accidentally trashed an important message two weeks ago because you thought you didn't need it, don't worry, it's still in your trash bin, you just might have to scroll a little bit to find it.
How to recover deleted emails on the Gmail website1. In the sidebar panel on the left, underneath where your mailboxes are listed, click "More."Advertisement
2. Scroll down until you find the folder labeled "Trash" and click on it.
3. Find and click on the email you want to recover.4. At the top of the email, between the search bar and the subject line, you'll see a row of icons.
The "Move" button, the third icon from the left, looks like a folder with an arrow on it. Click on it to open a menu of options for where you can move the email.5. From there, either click "Inbox" to restore the deleted email to your inbox, select one of the other destinations, or, if you don't see the one you want, search for it in the search box.
How to recover deleted emails on the Gmail mobile app1. In the top left corner of the app, next to the search bar, click the "Menu" icon, which looks like three horizontal lines.Advertisement
2. Scroll down to the bottom and tap Trash to go to your deleted emails folder.
3. Find the email you want to recover and open it.4. In the top right corner of the app, next to an icon of an envelope, tap the three-dot icon to open an action menu.Advertisement
5. On the menu that pops up, tap "Move to."
6. Select the inbox you'd like to return the email to — your main inbox may be labeled "Primary" or simply "Inbox."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Chemcon makes a lot of money for its IPO investors — shares list at double the issue price
- Top stock movers — RIL, PVR, Bajaj Auto, INOX Leisure, ONGC, Oil India and more
- ISRO to carry first-ever French payload abroad Venus mission scheduled for 2025
- BJP MP Ravi Kishan gets Y plus category security
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank shortlists three candidates for MD & CEO post — will send names to RBI in a week