How to reload your Amazon gift card balance online, or set up an auto-reload schedule
- You can reload your
Amazon gift cardbalance either manually or automatically online, without ever needing to buy a new physical gift card.
Amazongift card balance is made up of redeemed cards and any added funds.
- You can have your card auto-reload, which can be set on a schedule or a chosen minimum balance.
Amazon gift cards are used to buy everything the website has to offer — from home goods to digital downloads of movies and TV shows.
Your gift card balance is made up of any redeemed cards or funds you've added yourself from a credit or debit card. If you run out of money, you don't have to run to the store for a new physical card. Adding new funds can be done from anywhere you have access to your account.
You can reload your balance manually or automatically. One perk is that every time you reload your balance, you earn back 2% on your credit or debit card.
How to manually reload your gift card balance on Amazon
Reloading your balance manually prevents any automatic card charges. This is a good method if you don't use this balance too often, or if you only want to buy a specific item. The minimum you can add to your balance is $0.50.
1. Go to your Amazon homepage and click "
2. In the menu bar at the top of the next page, click "Reload your balance."
3. Choose or enter an amount.
4. Select a payment method connected to your account or add a new card.
5. Click "Reload" at the bottom of the page.
How to auto-reload your gift card balance on Amazon
You can set your balance to auto-reload on a daily to monthly schedule or when you hit a minimum balance of your choice.
1. Go to your Amazon homepage and click "Gift Cards" in the small banner menu at the top of the screen.
2. Click on "Your Gift Card Balance" at the top of the next screen.
3. On the next page, to the right of your balance, click "Set up auto reload" in the "Your Auto-Reload Setting" section.
4. Select "Auto-Reload on a schedule."
5. Set the amount, the frequency (daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly), and the start date. Alternatively, you can set your card to auto-reload when your balance hits a minimum threshold.
7. Choose your payment method or add a new card.
8. Click "Save Your Auto-Reload Setting" at the bottom of the page.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- From cheaper smartphones to 100 5G labs, here are the top tech announcements in Budget 2023-24
- Income tax bonanza, capex push to green energy: Budget 2023 summarised
- Budget proposes hike in TCS on overseas travel, fund remittances out of India to 20%
- Life insurance stocks fall up to 10% after Budget pushes for new tax regime
- Budget blow to HNIs claiming huge deductions for expensive houses