How to update to the new version of Instagram messaging that incorporates Facebook Messenger features
- You can update
Instagram messagingto a new version that incorporates Facebook Messengerfeatures.
- You can find the option to upgrade by tapping the direct message icon at the top right of the screen.
- Here's everything you need to know about the new updated
Thanks to an Instagram update, you can upgrade to Facebook Messenger features in the popular social media app. After making the change, you will have access to features from Facebook Messenger in Instagram - the usual direct message icon at the top right of the screen is replaced by a
How to update Instagram messaging
It doesn't matter whether you're on iPhone or Android - the update process is the same for both.
1. Start the Instagram app and tap the DM icon at the top right of the screen.
2. You should see a pop-up screen that invites you to upgrade to Messenger. Tap "Update."
3. You'll see a page indicating your messaging has been updated. Tap "Continue."
If you've previously clicked "Not now" to update Instagram messaging, the process is slightly different, but just as easy. All you have to do is click on your profile picture in the bottom right corner, tap the three horizontal lines in the top right, hit "Settings," and then select "Update Messaging." Tap "Update."
That's it - you should now see the new Messenger icon at the top right of the screen.
What's new in Instagram messaging
Facebook has begun to blend its features into Instagram with this update. After making the update, you can communicate seamlessly between Instagram and Messenger. (Although
If you are in a video chat, you can watch content together within the chat - just tap the Media icon at the bottom of the video chat window and select the content you want to share.
You can swipe to reply to messages - swipe right on any message to immediately reply to that message.
Instagram messages now have a "Vanish" mode. To use it, swipe up in any chat in which both you and your chat partner have upgraded, and you will enter an incognito mode in which your chat disappears after the session is over.
In addition, there are other new features, such as the ability to reshare posts, react to messages with any emoji, change your chat color, send animated stickers, and more.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Best budget 5GHz routers for faster speeds
- Naidu to chair virtual meeting with parties on RS agenda for budget session
- TRS MPs to meet on Sunday to chalk out party's strategy for Budget session of Parliament
- EXPLAINED: India’s annual Economic Survey
- With COVID expenses rising, taxpayers need more than an insurance rebate, says a wealth manager