How to use Strava on your Apple Watch without an iPhone nearby, and seamlessly track all your exercise data
- You can use the
Stravaapp on your Apple Watchwithout your iPhone, but you'll need to have a Series 2 or 3 Apple Watch.
- The Strava Apple Watch app can track you as you exercise, and display real-time information on the distance you've traveled, your pace, and your heart rate.
- Once you sync your Apple Watch with your iPhone again, your Strava activity will be synced with your iPhone.
Strava is one of the most popular fitness apps currently on the market, and it's not hard to see why. Strava is built for runners and cyclists to track all their exercise data, which makes it a useful tool for both professional and amateur athletes.recording and routing plans, heat maps, and other analytics — the Apple Watch app will allow you to complete runs, cycling journeys, hikes, and outdoor walks while tracking your heart rate and distance, all without your iPhone.
To use the Strava app on your Apple Watch, you'll need to be running watchOS 4.0 or later on your watch, and iOS 10 or later on your iPhone. You'll also need a Series 2 or 3 Apple Watch if you want to leave your phone behind.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to use Strava on your Apple Watch1. On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
2. On the "My Watch" screen, scroll down until you reach the "Available Apps" section.3. Tap "Install" next to Strava.
4. Once installed and synced, the app should appear on your Apple Watch's menu screen.
5. Open the Strava app on your watch. Then, on your phone, follow the prompts to authorize Strava on your Apple Watch.
When you want to begin an activity using Strava on your Apple Watch, tap the app on your Watch's screen to open it and select your activity. The first time you use Strava on your watch, make sure you accept the location, Health, and notification permissions.
You can now exercise freely, without having your iPhone nearby. Your data will automatically sync to the iPhone when you're back in range of your device.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise
- AISAM likely to take key decisions on Air India divestment on Saturday
- HC stays Delhi government's decision asking 12 DU colleges to pay staff salaries from students fund