'What is Flipboard Briefing?': How to use or disable the social news app's personal magazine feature on Android
- The Flipboard Briefing app is not available on iOS devices and is limited to
SamsungAndroid phones and tablets.
- The Flipboard Briefing app comes pre-installed on many newer Samsung phones and can only be disabled, not uninstalled.
Flipboard Briefing is a one-stop app for all the latest news, event info, shopping and restaurant options, weather forecasts, stock prices, and more. With a polished, magazine-style layout, you can flip through the day's biggest news after a quick swipe to the right or left on your home screen. Briefing offers users a personalized summary of the latest national and local headlines that matter most to you — not some algorithm.
Thanks to the more than 30,000 topics on the app, the more you read Briefing, the more customized it becomes, delivering you the day's "Top Stories" and more tied to your interests and location. The latest version even lets you search and follow topics, comment, share, or mute specific sources you don't want to see or read.Unlike the regular Flipboard app, Briefing is only available to Samsung phone and tablet users. If you have a newer phone, then Flipboard Briefing probably came pre-installed, but it also might be rolled in with Bixby, your phone's AI, personal assistant. Because of this, it will automatically update every time your phone performs an update. Unfortunately, you can't uninstall it, but the "system app" can be disabled if you're not feeling it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to disable Flipboard Briefing on your Android device
1. Pinch your home screen to zoom out.
2. Swipe right.3. Uncheck the Flipboard Briefing box at the top. If the Briefing panel fades, it has been disabled.
How to view the Flipboard Briefing app on your Android device without Bixby1. Pinch your home screen to zoom out.
2. Locate the Briefing app.
3. Activate the home screen shortcut.
How to view the Flipboard Briefing app on your Android device through Bixby
1. Open Bixby.
2. Tap the Bixby menu icon. You can find these three vertical lines in the upper right.3. Select "Settings" from the dropdown.
5. Activate "Briefing."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate
- SaaS unicorn Druva, which manages data for NASA, Pfizer, and GameStop, raises $147 million; valuation crosses $2 billion