Samsung to announce the Exynos 1080 chipset on November 12
While it is going to be a high-performance processor, this chip is not the one that is going to be used for the Galaxy S21 series, reports SamMobile.
The chipset already had a partial reveal last month and according to the specifications released, it is a 5nm processor with Arm's Cortex-A78 performance cores which brings a 20 per cent increase in performance when compared to the Cortex-A77.
"The Exynos 1080 also features the new Mali-G78 GPU which boasts a 25 per cent increase in performance compared to the Mali-G77 GPU. The processor will also have a built-in 5G modem," the report mentioned.
The Exynos 1080 is widely believed to be the Exynos 980's successor.
Samsung launched the Exynos 980 last year as a 5G-enabled chipset for mid-range phones.
AdvertisementIt is being used in both the Galaxy A51 5G and Galaxy A71 5G devices.
Samsung overtakes Xiaomi to retake the smartphone crown in India
- Elon Musk surpasses Bill Gates to become the world’s second-richest person as Tesla’s market cap inches closer to $500 billion
- Around 38,000 new cases take India's COVID-19 tally close to 92 lakh
- Market at record high, Nifty hits 13,000 — Here are the top stock movers in trade today
- Can a brand make its meme viral? Here’s what Meme Chat’s Founder has to say
- Pilibhit Reserve bags a global award for doubling tiger population in four years