Samsung’s Bixby offers to answer calls for you – here’s how it works
- Samsung has started rolling out the
Bixby Text Callfeature in India to selected devices.
- The Bixby Text Call feature allows users to use the assistant to answer the calls.
- Here’s everything you need to know about the Bixby Text Call feature and eligible devices.
AdvertisementIf you have had a fight with your significant other or wish to avoid speaking to your boss directly, Samsung has introduced a new feature in India that can help you. Samsung has started rolling out the Bixby Text Call feature in India.
The Bixby Text Call feature was first revealed in October 2022 in Korea and was made available in English in some regions in February 2023. It has now finally been announced for India.
What is the Bixby Text Call feature?
The Bixby Text Call is a nifty feature that can help you easily answer calls on the go without having to speak to the other person. You can consider Bixby as your own Jarvis who will answer your call for you.
Do note this only works for incoming calls and you do not have access to an assistant that can place calls for you.
The Bixby Assistant answers the call and shows you what the other person is saying in the form of a text. You can then reply using text, which will be replicated by the AI in its own voice and answered to the other person.
How to enable Bixby Text Call feature
If your device is eligible for this feature, you can enable it by following the below steps:
- Open the Phone app on your smartphone and tap on the three-dot menu on the top right corner.
- Now, tap on the “Bixby Text Call” option and enable the feature.
- You can then customise the language, Bixby Text Call settings, quick responses and more.
How to use Bixby Text Call
Once you have enabled the feature, you can start using it:
- When you receive a call, tap on “Bixby Text Call” and swipe up.
- Bixby will then introduce itself to the caller and ask them to identify themselves and mention the reason for the call.
- You will be able to see a transcript of the call as it happens.
- Use a quick response message to reply or type in a message.
- Bixby will use an automated voice to convey your message.
- If you want to shift to a voice call, tap on the “Voice call” button.
Bixby Text Call eligible devices
Here are the devices that will receive the Bixby Text Call feature in India:
- Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Galaxy Z Flip 5
- Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Z Flip 2
- Galaxy Z Fold and Galaxy Z Flip
- Galaxy S23 series
- Galaxy S22 series
- Galaxy S21 series
- Galaxy S20 series
- Galaxy A34, A54, A82, A52s, A33, A53, A51 and A71
Auto giants look at hybrids and CNG vehicles to plug the gap as EVs catch on
Smartphone shipments: Apple gains 34% market share in India as Samsung, Xiaomi decline
Reliance Jio launches JioMotive, a vehicle tracking and diagnostics device
Popular on BI
- Nifty scales Mount 21,000 as RBI hikes growth forecast
- RBI expects India’s GDP to grow at 7% in FY24; keeps repo rate unchanged
- Exploring the majestic rivers of India: A glimpse into nature's lifelines
- Augmented Reality Applications
- Carb creativity: Delicious ways to embrace healthy carbohydrates