Apple designed a custom trophy for the first Apple Music Awards
- Apple is hosting its first Apple Music Awards on Wednesday with a concert from global artist of the year winner Billie Eilish.
- Apple designed custom trophies for the winners.
- The awards are made from silicon discs, symbolizing the technology that powers Apple devices.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple is giving out its own music awards this Wednesday to artists including Billie Eilish, Lil Nas X, and Lizzo. The first Apple Music Awards will take place in the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino on Wednesday, the spot on the company's campus where keynotes are held.The tech company designed custom trophies to honor winners, and to "celebrate the extraordinary craftsmanship integral to creating music." The trophies are made of silicon wafers, the same material that becomes the chips that power Apple products. The silicon is suspended between layers of glass and aluminum in a 12-inch disc, with a nod to classic vinyl.Advertisement
The awards are engraved with the winner's name and category. Billie Eilish, who will be performing a livestreamed concert at the ceremony, won artist of the year.
- Delhi records 13,00 new COVID-19 cases
- Here are 10 things that Elon Musk-backed OpenAI’s new language model GPT-3 can do
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall likely in parts of Maharashtra: IMD
- Goa to get second COVID-19 facility in Ponda, tweets CM Sawant
- Here’s a model stock portfolio for the ‘moderate’ risk-taker