Apple has now officially discontinued 4 older iPhones in 2020 — here are the devices that are gone for good
- With the launch of the iPhone 12,
Applediscontinued two more iPhones, bringing its total to four for the year.
- Apple has stopped selling the
iPhone 11 Proand iPhone 11 Pro Max, replacing them with the iPhone 12Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Earlier this year, Apple discontinued the
iPhone 8after launching the second-generation iPhone SE.
- Although Apple unveiled the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini, it's still selling last year's iPhone 11 and the previous year's iPhone XR.
Some older iPhone models have officially been sent to the Apple graveyard.
Apple on Tuesday unveiled its new iPhone 12 lineup, which includes four new 5G phones starting at $699. But the launch of new devices means that Apple has officially stopped selling some older iPhones, bringing its total to four discontinued models in 2020.
Starting Tuesday, Apple is no longer offering the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, the high-end devices it launched in 2019. The iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max were the first to carry Apple's current "Pro" designation and the first iPhones to have three cameras.
Earlier this year, Apple stopped offering the iPhone 8 and
While Apple has killed off some older iPhone offerings, it has continued selling several older devices, which means it now sells a phone at nearly every price point. Apple is still selling the iPhone XR — a 2-year-old phone that it has now discounted to $499 — as well as the iPhone 11, last year's standard iPhone, which now costs $599, a discount of $100.
Apple no longer sells some of its older models online, but those devices will likely still be available to buy through carrier stores and other third-party sellers, and will still be able to receive software updates.
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines