Apple has now officially discontinued 4 older iPhones in 2020 — here are the devices that are gone for good
- With the launch of the iPhone 12,
Applediscontinued two more iPhones, bringing its total to four for the year.
- Apple has stopped selling the
iPhone 11 Proand iPhone 11 Pro Max, replacing them with the iPhone 12Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Earlier this year, Apple discontinued the
iPhone 8after launching the second-generation iPhone SE.
- Although Apple unveiled the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini, it's still selling last year's iPhone 11 and the previous year's iPhone XR.
Some older iPhone models have officially been sent to the Apple graveyard.
Apple on Tuesday unveiled its new iPhone 12 lineup, which includes four new 5G phones starting at $699. But the launch of new devices means that Apple has officially stopped selling some older iPhones, bringing its total to four discontinued models in 2020.Starting Tuesday, Apple is no longer offering the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, the high-end devices it launched in 2019. The iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max were the first to carry Apple's current "Pro" designation and the first iPhones to have three cameras.
While Apple has killed off some older iPhone offerings, it has continued selling several older devices, which means it now sells a phone at nearly every price point. Apple is still selling the iPhone XR — a 2-year-old phone that it has now discounted to $499 — as well as the iPhone 11, last year's standard iPhone, which now costs $599, a discount of $100.Apple no longer sells some of its older models online, but those devices will likely still be available to buy through carrier stores and other third-party sellers, and will still be able to receive software updates.
- EXCLUSIVE: Communities, brand and then product — CEO explains how Stack Overflow flipped the script on software development
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister