Apple's next iPhone will reportedly ditch the curved look for the angular sides and flat screens of its newest iPads
Richard Drew/AP Images
- Apple's new iPhone is getting a major redesign, according to a new Bloomberg report.
- This fall's iPhone is said to look like Apple's latest iPad models, albeit in a smaller form factor, with angular sides and a flat screen.
- Apple is expected to launch two high-end models to replace the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, in addition to two lower end models to replace the iPhone 11. It's not clear if every iPhone model released this year will feature the new design.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
This fall, the iPhone is getting a major redesign.
That's according to the latest report from Bloomberg, which cites people familiar with Apple's plans.
The new design is reminiscent of Apple's latest iPads, according to the report, with angular sides and flat screens - a bit of a throwback to the design of the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5.
In addition to the new design, Apple is expected to add 5G connectivity to its phones this year - the next step in wireless connectivity for smart devices - as well as the LIDAR 3D camera that was added to this year's iPad Pro.
With four new iPhone models expected this fall, it's unclear which features will make it to which models, but the higher end replacements for the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are expected to get everything new.
At least one model - the replacement for the iPhone 11 Pro Max - is expected to get a "slightly larger" screen than the 6.5-inch screen it already has. Apple is also said to be making progress on reducing the size of the notch on the front of the screen that currently houses the phone's speaker, front-facing camera, and Face ID technology.
Apple didn't respond to a request for comment as of publishing.
- WhatsApp is working on a ‘login approval’ feature to help prevent hacking – here’s everything you need to know
- Tata Motors acquires Ford’s manufacturing plant in Gujarat for ₹726 crore
- Ronnie Screwvala's edtech company upGrad bags ₹1,670 crore
- Tiruchi's farmers stare at heavy losses as 750 acres of farm land is flooded
- LG unveils wireless earbuds with unique head-tracking spatial audio