Clubhouse downloads are falling off a cliff: The app was downloaded only about 900,000 times in April, down from February's peak of 9.6 million
Clubhouse's 922,000 downloads in April is a dip from February when 9.6 million users installed it.
- The audio app has enjoyed a surge in use during the pandemic and could be valued at $4 billion.
- User growth may be tapering off, but data suggests that retention is strong.
Clubhouse saw about 922,000 downloads globally in April, a 66% dip from 2.7 million installs in March and a surge of 9.6 million in February, a Sensor Tower spokesperson shared with Insider.
The decrease in user downloads signals a slowdown for the
The invite-only app saw nearly 10 million downloads in February, a 300% increase from January when 2.4 million people installed it, according to Sensor Tower data.
A Sensor Tower spokesperson said April's user growth appears to have tapered off in recent months but said data suggests retention is strong among users.
Clubhouse has become a haven for Silicon Valley culture, with Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg having appeared for chats on the app.
The platform allows users to host their own audio conversations, or "rooms," or join in on others. You can only join Clubhouse if someone invites you, but the company's CEO Paul Davidson has said that the plan is to eventually open the app up to everyone. He also said Clubhouse could be available on Android this summer after only being accessible to iPhone users since its inception in March 2020.
In April, the platform teamed up with the payments company Stripe to let users send money to creators on Clubhouse. The company said the tool is "the first of many features that allow creators to get paid directly."
Clubhouse was valued at around $1 billion in January and was recently looking at a funding round that would value the app at $4 billion. And other tech companies, like Twitter and Facebook, are toying with Clubhouse-like voice-chat apps.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- DeSantis says Congress should act if Apple follows through on Elon Musk claims and bans Twitter from App Store
- Best refrigerator under ₹15000
- Asus ROG Phone 6 review: A bit more than just gaming
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 5.97 times on day 2