Clubhouse downloads are falling off a cliff: The app was downloaded only about 900,000 times in April, down from February's peak of 9.6 million
- Clubhouse's 922,000 downloads in April is a dip from February when 9.6 million users installed it.
- The audio app has enjoyed a surge in use during the pandemic and could be valued at $4 billion.
- User growth may be tapering off, but data suggests that retention is strong.
The decrease in user downloads signals a slowdown for the
A Sensor Tower spokesperson said April's user growth appears to have tapered off in recent months but said data suggests retention is strong among users.Clubhouse has become a haven for Silicon Valley culture, with Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg having appeared for chats on the app.
The platform allows users to host their own audio conversations, or "rooms," or join in on others. You can only join Clubhouse if someone invites you, but the company's CEO Paul Davidson has said that the plan is to eventually open the app up to everyone. He also said Clubhouse could be available on Android this summer after only being accessible to iPhone users since its inception in March 2020.In April, the platform teamed up with the payments company Stripe to let users send money to creators on Clubhouse. The company said the tool is "the first of many features that allow creators to get paid directly." Clubhouse was valued at around $1 billion in January and was recently looking at a funding round that would value the app at $4 billion. And other tech companies, like Twitter and Facebook, are toying with Clubhouse-like voice-chat apps.
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021
- Best soundbars with a wireless subwoofer
- Myntra signs up Hrithik Roshan, Vijay Deverakonda and Dulquer Salmaan as its newest brand ambassadors
- Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins