Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
iOS 17 is set to transform the way we connect. The Phone app introduces Contact Posters, allowing you to personalize your calling experience with unique posters. Messaging gets a facelift with the introduction of Live Stickers, turning your photos and videos into captivating animations. Finding that one crucial message is now a breeze with improved search functionality. And if you're a fan of FaceTime, prepare to be amazed by the addition of 3D effects and video adjustments that will make your calls pop.
Entertainment and Convenience
iOS 17 focuses on making your life more entertaining and convenient. The new StandBy mode brings full-screen excitement to your devices, ideal for when you're charging up or just need a quick glance at the time, photos, and widgets. Widgets have also become interactive, turning your Home and Lock Screens into command centers. Music enthusiasts will love SharePlay in Apple Music, ensuring the party never stops in the car, while the Crossfade feature keeps the musical vibe flowing seamlessly.
Privacy at the Forefront
Your privacy takes center stage in iOS 17. The update introduces Sensitive Content Warnings to shield you from unexpected explicit content. Communication Safety features have been upgraded to detect inappropriate videos, giving you peace of mind. With enhanced sharing permissions, you gain more control over your data, and link tracking protection ensures your online trail remains private.
iOS 17 is a productivity boost for multitaskers. The keyboard gets smarter with improved autocorrect accuracy and inline predictive text, reducing embarrassing typos. Safari's profiles help keep your work and personal browsing separate, while password sharing simplifies your life. Traveling? You're covered with offline maps and EV routing updates.
Accessibility for All
iOS 17 continues its commitment to accessibility. Assistive Access streamlines app interfaces for smoother navigation, while Live Speech lets you turn typed messages into spoken ones. Personal Voice is a game-changer for those who may have difficulty speaking. The Point and Speak feature in Magnifier Detection Mode assists in reading tiny labels on objects like keypad buttons or appliance switches.
Whether you're all about staying connected, enjoying your favorite tunes, or staying organized, this update has something for everyone. With added privacy features and accessibility options, Apple has your back on multiple fronts.
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh